VISIT THE WORKSHOP
Le Haut Clairay
35250 St Aubin d'aubigné
Nord de Rennes - Bretagne - France
Information - Purchase
Contact me at email@example.com
Phone : 06 62 66 52 52
The workshop Kopo welcomes you to build your instrument under the direction of Fred Pons. The luthier founded the workshop in 1988, in which he hosted dozens of trainees guitar lovers. He also provided long-term training that helped luthiers to become professional.
"The lutherie is a very fine craft, but very long acquiring; A few weeks internship will be an opportunity to discover it, but will not make you a professional capable of working for clients, neither for manufacturing nor for instrument repair. »
Fred Pons, Kopo
Courses to work on custom projects range from several weeks to several months.-
The workshop is located 15 minutes north of Rennes, Brittany. Several lodging accommodations are available nearby.
A course for design, manufacturing and finishing
I'm helping you to built your own instrument, according to your needs, feasibility, and the time you can devote to it. The course can last several weeks, continuous or discontinuous, and can be funded through a partnership with a training center.
I will accompany you in all phases of work, from design to finishing and assembly. My goal is that you to leave with an instrument that you like, you play,
and that you are pride of !
Estimate of your course project:
- Make the request by sending me a message via the contact page giving me some indications
on the type of instrument you would like to build.
Cost of a course:
- For supervision, tools and small equipment, the fixed cost is € 750 per week.
- The materials, wood, fittings, any microphones, will be assessed in advance according to the instrument provided.
As an indication, here are some concepts of time and cost:
- The realization of a "solid-body" guitar (or bass) can take between 2 weeks for a simple model,
and 3 to 4 weeks for a more sophisticated model.
- The cost of materials can be quite reasonable, often between 100 and 200 € for wood, body neck and fingerboard.
- The fittings, microphones and possible electronics can represent a budget ranging from 200 to 800 €.
- The realization of an acoustic and more complex instrument and will require much more time for a beginner,
between 4 and 8 weeks sometimes.
- The cost of supplies, soundboard, back & sides, neck and fingerboard can start around 200 €.
Approval of the Ist@ge training center.