VISIT THE WORKSHOP
Le Haut Clairay
35250 - St Aubin d'aubigné - Bretagne - France
Between Rennes and the Mt St MIchel -
Internship - Information - Purchase
Contact me at email@example.com
Phone : +33 662 66 52 52
DES BOIS LOCAUX
The workshop Kopo welcomes you to build your instrument under the direction of Fred Pons. The luthier founded the workshop in 1988, in which he hosted dozens of trainees guitar lovers. He also provided long-term training that helped luthiers to become professional.
"The lutherie is a very fine craft, but very long acquiring; A few weeks internship will be an opportunity to discover it, but will not make you a professional capable of working for clients, neither for manufacturing nor for instrument repair. »
Fred Pons, Kopo
Courses to work on custom projects range from several weeks to several months.-
The workshop is located 15 minutes north of Rennes, Brittany. Several lodging accommodations are available nearby.
Course in Design, Manufacturing, and Finishing
I'm helping you to built your own instrument, according to your needs, feasibility, and the time you can devote to it. The course can last several weeks, continuous or discontinuous, and can be funded through a partnership with a training center.
I will accompany you in all phases of work, from design to finishing and assembly. My goal is that you to leave with an instrument that you like, you play,
and that you are pride of !
How to prepare your internship :
– Faites la demande en m’adressant un message via la page contact en me donnant quelques indications
sur le type d’instrument que vous aimeriez construire.
Cost of the internship :
– Make the request by sending me a message via the contact page to give me some guidance
on the type of instrument you would like to build.
Cost of course:
– For guidance, tools and small equipment, the fixed cost is 700 € per week.
– Cost of the material, wood, hardware, and pickups would be evaluated in advance depending on the instrument you wish to create.
As a guide, here are some notions of time and cost:
– The realization of a guitar (or bass) “solid-body” may take two weeks for a simple model,
and three-four weeks for a more sophisticated model.
– The cost of materials could be quite reasonable, often between 100 and 200 € for wood, neck and fretboard.
– The hardware, pickups and electronics can be a possible budget ranging from 200 to 800 €.
– The realization of an acoustic instrument and more complex and require much more time for a beginner,
between four to eight weeks sometimes.
– The cost of supply, soundboard, back & sides, neck and fretboard can start around 200 €.
Agrément centre de formation Ist@ge.